Serving Thief River Falls and Pennington County, Minnesota
Home Board Information Board Member Documents Contact Us Donate Get Help Get Involved News & Information 2013 Annual Report
We’re planning for the future: please take our Online Survey to help us set our future days and hours of distribution.
Online Survey for TRF Area Food Shelf
** Food Distribution Information **
Where: Thief River Falls Armory, Thief River Falls
Upcoming Distribution Dates:
Wednesdays in August!
August 5 & 19
Back to Thursdays!
September 3 & 17
October 8 & 22
November 5 & Wednesday, November 18
Distribution Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Armory door will open 5 minutes before 10:00
** While we do our best to estimate how many families and individuals will be at each distribution, we recommend that if it is possible that you come as early as possible. If you are unable to come during our open hours you have two options:
- Have a friend, family member or service provider pick up food and make choices on your behalf. This person is called a “proxy”.
- Contact us prior to the distribution and we will have a volunteer pack and set aside a box for you that you will pick up at a mutually agreed upon time.
Volunteers needed from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Food will be distributed to persons in need at no charge regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or other criteria unrelated to need.
For additional information or to volunteer, please contact Manager Amy Beckius-Johnson at 218-681-4708 and leave a message, or by email at [email protected]
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TRF Food Shelf
The Thief River Falls Food Shelf is a non-profit organization that serves the Pennington County, Minnesota community as an emergency food pantry. While we have a long history of providing this important service, we are in a transition period and finalizing the details for a permanent location. Please visit this site in the future as we share news about our new location, hours and volunteer opportunities.
Leave a comment
Leave a Reply
CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK
- North Country Food Bank
- Hunger Free Minnesota
- Feeding America
- From Farm to Table: How to Organize Your Area Food ShelfFrom farm to table is a journey that starts with finding the right ingredients, and it’s one that we at Serious Eats know all too well. With so many amazing choices out there, it can be tough to know where to start. Luckily, we’ve put together this helpful guide on how to organize your area […]
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Reducing Food WasteAccording to the latest report from the University of Illinois, reducing food waste by just 10 percent could save the U.S. $23 billion over the next decade. What’s more, this savings could be achieved without any negative impact on the quality of food or on the economy. This is good news for both the environment […]
- The Complete Guide to Writing and Approaching Annual ReportsAre you looking for a step-by-step guide that will help you write and submit your business’s most important document each year? If so, you’ve come to the right place! This comprehensive guide will teach you everything you need to know about preparing and formatting annual reports, from the basics of layout and design to the […]
- How to make your emergency pantry even more efficientDo you have an emergency pantry stocked with the essentials you’ll need in case of a disaster? If not, now is the time to make sure it’s fully stocked. This article offers tips on how to make your pantry even more efficient so you’ll have what you need when you need it. By following these […]
- How to Stock Your Area Food Shelf for Maximum Nutritional BenefitDon’t let your area food shelf become an nutritional wasteland! Stock it with items that will provide the maximum nutritional benefit. The author of this article suggests items like fresh produce, whole grains, and dairy products. These items are sure to give you the nutrients you need to stay healthy and energized all day long. […]
- “The Most Surprising Ways to Use Food Waste”Many people think that food waste is a simple problem that can be easily solved – by throwing away food that’s past its expiration date or that is no longer appetizing. However, there are many surprising ways to use food waste that can help reduce environmental pollution, save money, and improve food security. Some surprising […]
- 5 Best Tips for Storing High-Calorie and Protein Foods to Keep You Lean and HealthyStoring high-calorie and protein foods can be a challenge, but with these five tips, you’ll be able to easily access the foods you need to stay slim and healthy. Keep high-calorie and protein foods organized When it comes to storing high-calorie and protein foods, it is important to keep them organized and easy to access. […]
- 20 Easy and Delicious Make Your Own Food Storage IdeasLooking for some creative and easy food storage ideas? Here are 20 ideas that you can use to store your food in a safe and organized way. From easy-to-follow recipes to easy-to-store food storage containers, these ideas will have you well on your way to a well-stocked pantry and fridge. Make your own pantry staples […]
- 5 Composting Ideas for the Busy CookIf you’re like most busy cooks, you don’t have time to waste in the kitchen. Luckily, there are plenty of composting ideas for the busy cook. composting is a great way to reduce your waste, and it’s easy to do with a few simple steps. Here are five composting ideas for the busy cook. Compost […]